10 hours ago
(11 hours ago)Dirty Duck Wrote:(Yesterday, 02:48 PM)Mr. Tibbs Wrote: Lately I've been trying to get the speed run achievement in Silksong before the DLC comes out (or the delay is announced). I played Hollow Knight for the first time right before Silksong released and I've been pretty hooked on both games for the last year
So many of my most anticipated games have fallen to the wayside and I haven't beaten them yet.
You've just reminded me to get back on Silksong now that things have quietened down for a bit. I 100%'d Hollow Knight and beat it on Steel Soul mode but I was playing on Switch so no platinum for me. Which of the two did you prefer overall?
Steel Soul is intense, nicely done. It's on my to-do list but need to wait til my job is in a less blood pressure raising time of year lmao
You know that's actually a really difficult question and one I think about a lot playing them. I think in a lot of ways Silksong is "better" in terms of features and mechanics. The movement is just so exceptional and there's so many options in terms of how you move and fight. But I still feel like as a complete package Hollow Knight is the more "perfect" game. It just works and I can't think of any part of the game that dragged or stopped me. Silksong gets a lot of conversation about the difficultly, but I think the bigger issue is how the difficulty is paced and how the content is spread out through the game. You really kind of run into a brick wall once you get going in the Citadel and it's the game's one major flaw IMO. It's harder for me to see now because I've beaten it so many times and I'm working out a way to beat it fast. But that first playthrough especially did not feel the way Hollow Knight did for me. There's just a special sauce there



![[+]](https://metalgearforums.com/images/collapse_collapsed.png)