03-09-2026, 12:58 AM
I wanna start off by saying how GREAT it feels to be playing MGS4 on a current platform. I really enjoyed revisiting it. I know many had mixed feelings on it but it was the first title I properly played and it got me into the series as a whole
I used to think that it was silly that they gave you so many guns that you don't get many chances to utilize in a single plathrough. But now I feel like it might've been a narrative decision, commenting on the games whole thing of "the war economy" and the worlds obsession with war and weapons.
I still only ever seem to use the weapons given to you though, the tranq gun, Operator and M4
It was really strange having access to so much compared to the previous games where there's only a handful of weapons and they feel more like tools with specific uses. But I also like when games encourage experimentation and multiple playthroughs like that. I feel like MGS in particular has always been pretty good at giving you plenty of stuff to muck around with on repeated playthroughs
I used to think that it was silly that they gave you so many guns that you don't get many chances to utilize in a single plathrough. But now I feel like it might've been a narrative decision, commenting on the games whole thing of "the war economy" and the worlds obsession with war and weapons.
I still only ever seem to use the weapons given to you though, the tranq gun, Operator and M4
It was really strange having access to so much compared to the previous games where there's only a handful of weapons and they feel more like tools with specific uses. But I also like when games encourage experimentation and multiple playthroughs like that. I feel like MGS in particular has always been pretty good at giving you plenty of stuff to muck around with on repeated playthroughs
![[Image: Sig-Buluptax-Composite-PNG-Export.png]](https://i.ibb.co/4Zbs3LJS/Sig-Buluptax-Composite-PNG-Export.png)


![[+]](https://metalgearforums.com/images/collapse_collapsed.png)