Poll: Will Physint being an Xbox title affect your next-gen console choice?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Will Physint being an Xbox title affect your next-gen console choice?
#11
I have little free time nowadays, but I've been PC-centric for my gaming for a long time. I almost skipped the PS4 entirely. And even then, most of the "exclusives" I got it for eventually made it to PC down the line. I can't imagine Microsoft will keep Physint exclusive to Xbox... 5, are they up to 5? At least Sony can count... anyway, I expect it to come to Windows sooner or later.

I never even bothered with Death Stranding 2. I played through the first one and... I can't say I had a good time with it. I didn't dislike it, but I never felt a compelling reason to come back. The characters and the world didn't "stay with me" the way Metal Gear did. I'm glad Kojima finally got to break away from tactical espionage, and is finally scratching his horror itch with OD. I'm looking forward to seeing what a refreshed Hideo can bring to a spy game over a decade after Phantom Pain. But not to the point of splurging for a new system to play it on.
[+] 3 users Like starschwar's post
Reply
#12
(11-09-2026, 05:29 PM)Jassassino Wrote: delegate my PS5 to TV show and film duties honestly.

And yet it's abysmal for that as well. The fact that the PS3 has a halfway decent media player and the PS5's is hidden in the screenshot UI and barely functions is such a joke.
[Image: Dirt-Duck-Old-Snake-Sig-2.png]
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e68697a6c69726573696d...6c2e676966]
AC!D
[+] 1 user Likes Dirty Duck's post
Reply
#13
(12-09-2026, 10:36 AM)Dirty Duck Wrote:
(11-09-2026, 05:29 PM)Jassassino Wrote: delegate my PS5 to TV show and film duties honestly.

And yet it's abysmal for that as well. The fact that the PS3 has a halfway decent media player and the PS5's is hidden in the screenshot UI and barely functions is such a joke.

Been very close to buying a 4K player for a while and likely will soon enough. Even though Sony are reportedly winding down operations across their blu-ray factories, I have so many blu-rays and 4Ks with a good TV so I want to make use of it. Also helpful for a lot of international blu-rays that I have as some have forced subs.
[Image: Woodlands-Explorer.png]
[Image: Field-Explorer.png]
Reply
#14
Feel like I need to clarify personally that if I don't get a PS6, I'm not buying whatever shite Xbox puts out. If you think this sort of headline demonstrates Microsoft as being a bastion of developer care and industry/workers rights when it comes to projects like this, you truly have the memory of a goldfish.
TomRL101 Wrote:You're not smart enough to talk to me. Please stop.
Reply
#15
(14-09-2026, 09:36 AM)Jassassino Wrote: Feel like I need to clarify personally that if I don't get a PS6, I'm not buying whatever shite Xbox puts out. If you think this sort of headline demonstrates Microsoft as being a bastion of developer care and industry/workers rights when it comes to projects like this, you truly have the memory of a goldfish.

Just CBA with PC bro
[Image: Dirt-Duck-Old-Snake-Sig-2.png]
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e68697a6c69726573696d...6c2e676966]
AC!D
Reply
#16
(14-09-2026, 09:37 AM)Dirty Duck Wrote:
(14-09-2026, 09:36 AM)Jassassino Wrote: Feel like I need to clarify personally that if I don't get a PS6, I'm not buying whatever shite Xbox puts out. If you think this sort of headline demonstrates Microsoft as being a bastion of developer care and industry/workers rights when it comes to projects like this, you truly have the memory of a goldfish.

Just CBA with PC bro

Fight me
TomRL101 Wrote:You're not smart enough to talk to me. Please stop.
[+] 1 user Likes Jassassino's post
Reply
#17
(14-09-2026, 09:41 AM)Jassassino Wrote:
(14-09-2026, 09:37 AM)Dirty Duck Wrote:
(14-09-2026, 09:36 AM)Jassassino Wrote: Feel like I need to clarify personally that if I don't get a PS6, I'm not buying whatever shite Xbox puts out. If you think this sort of headline demonstrates Microsoft as being a bastion of developer care and industry/workers rights when it comes to projects like this, you truly have the memory of a goldfish.

Just CBA with PC bro

Fight me

Can't, there's no crossplay Sad
[Image: Dirt-Duck-Old-Snake-Sig-2.png]
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e68697a6c69726573696d...6c2e676966]
AC!D
Reply
#18
unfortunately PC has never been the wave, and never will be
Reply
#19
I have been playing on playstation consoles my entire life. I have had every generation. Last year, even considered getting ps5 pro. Glad I went with a gaming PC instead. Physint wasn't the final straw for me. But definitely helped confirm my decision to hold off on any new playstation consoles for the see-able future. I don't think XBOX is going to treat Kojima any better, they're desperate for anything right now with all the negative press they have been having. And frankly, I don't think they care any lick about gamers or the gaming division of Microsoft.

I think we are starting to come to an era in gaming where gamers REALLY need to vote with their wallet but unfortunately not everyone is up to date on current affairs with gaming companies and just want a shiny new game. GTA6 and Wolverine are good examples of what I am referring to. As long as they are "normies" are giving the CEO's the minimum for "profits" gamers will continue to be mainly a money driven investment.

And I don't mean it's bad that they are. Hell, balatro is a basic card game with an amazing gameplay loop. And I still have more fun with that game than moderrn AAA games. The part of "gaming" seems to have been lost to there whoever is fronting the money for companies nowadays.
[+] 3 users Like Roger's post
Reply
#20
(14-09-2026, 09:52 AM)Null Wrote: unfortunately PC has never been the wave, and never will be

Get a grip little child.
TomRL101 Wrote:You're not smart enough to talk to me. Please stop.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you more excited for OD or Physint? Dirty Duck 3 831 03-06-2026, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Dirty Duck
  Should the next MGS project be a remake or a new entry? Dirty Duck 12 2,558 29-04-2026, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Silent Assassin
  Your thoughts on Master Collection Vol. 2's Contents? Dirty Duck 9 1,937 19-02-2026, 12:37 AM
Last Post: starschwar

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)